Thursday, May 6, 2010

Boycott Arizona Businesses: the promised list

As promised, here is a list of AZ-based businesses that you can boycott in protest of AB1070, the immigration law. I love that the Grand Canyon is listed as its own business. I hate that I have patronized at least 3 of these in the past month.

I think that to have even more of an impact, I am going to let the businesses I boycott know that I'm boycotting, and why. When I don't go to Petsmart for my next bag of puppy food, I won't just be taking about $15 out of their profits (which is easy to miss), I'll be sending them a letter and/or email that tells why and promises to return my business once the company speaks out publicly against the law. Hopefully this will be harder to overlook, especially if more people than me do it.


Thanks to Denver-based Padres Unidos, Jovenes Unidos for the list!

2011 Major League Baseball All-Star Game, Location: Chase Field, Phoenix, AZ

Apollo Group (University of Phoenix). Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona

Arizona Diamondbacks, Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Best Western International, Inc., Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona

Cold Stone Creamery. Headquarters: Scottsdale, Arizona

CSK Auto (Checker Auto Parts, Schucks Auto Supply, Kragen Auto Parts, Murray's Discount Auto Stores), Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona

Dial Corporation, Headquarters: Scottsdale, Arizona

Discount Tire Company (America's Tire Company). Headquarters: Scottsdale, Arizona

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation, Headquarters: Scottsdale, Arizona

Go Daddy. Headquarters: Scottsdale, Arizona

Grand Canyon

Mesa Air Group (Mesa Airlines, Go!, Freedom Airlines). Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona

P. F. Chang's China Bistro. Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona

PetSmart. Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona

Sky Mall, Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona

Taser International, Headquarters: Scottsdale, Arizona

U-Haul. Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona

US Airways. Headquarters: Tempe, Arizona

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the list Cara! Now to track down everything that comes from these companies and burn it in a fiery display of brownness!

    ReplyDelete