Wednesday, June 23, 2010

NC Primaries: Results



Elaine Marshall swept the NC Democratic runoff yesterday, taking almost 60% of the vote. I can't say that I'm surprised, mostly because I know several Marshall supporters and no real Cunningham supporters (just people who say either candidate could be okay).

I CAN say that this makes me feel good about politics in North Carolina. Cal Cunningham was endorsed early on by the national Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, meaning that Elaine had to raise a lot more money and support from the grassroots level, which she and her campaign did. I also think that this "non-establishment-ness" of Marshall will help her in challenging Richard Burr in November, as will the hearty endorsements of both of her former Dem opponents, Cunningham and Ken Lewis.

On to the general election!

No comments:

Post a Comment